This depigmentation treatment offers major advantages compared to other therapies such as: compatible with all skin types, extremely safe, rapid and easy depigmentation process, very effective in treating Melasma or ”pregnancy mask”, effective for acne patients, no hydroquinine.
How does Cosmelan - DePigmentation work ?
Cosmelan inhibits an enzyme called tyrosinase, which is involved in the manufacture of melanin. Cosmelan treatment involves two separate steps. First step is application of Cosmelan 1, that is applied as a mask. The mask is left on the skin for 6-10 hours based on the skin type. After the mask is removed, the second step is initiated which involves application of the Cosmelan 2 product daily for the next few weeks at home.
ONE WEEK after starting the Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment, a significant improvement of the skin is observed.
How is Cosmelan available?
It is supplied in a combination pack which includes, Cosmelan 1, Cosmelan 2, degreasing agent and hydra vital skin moisturizer.
- Cosmelan 1 – Cream (10g) which contains the following: Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Titanium Dioxide.
- Cosmelan 2 – Maintenance Cream (30g) which contains: Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid.
- Mesoestetic – Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml). This pack includes: Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.
What is the initial procedure with Cosmelan?
The first part involves evaluation of the skin type.
The cleansing of the skin is done with the degreasing agent in order to remove the dead cells, skin oils and old debris.
After the degreasing step, Cosmelan 1 mask is applied left on for a total of 6-10 hours depending on the skin type. After the mask application, you are able to go home with the mask on. After appropriate amount of time has elapsed, the mask is removed with water and a neutral cleanser.
Immediately following the cleansing of the face, the mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K cream is applied on the treated area.
What is the maintenance Cosmelan program?
The second stage is the home maintenance program. It consists of the daily application of the Cosmelan 2 cream. The cream is applied 2-3 times a day, for the first two weeks following the application of the mask, then once a day from then on. Continual daily use is recommended for the best results.
When can one see the results of Cosmelan?
In most cases, the skin blemishes start to disappear within the first week after starting treatment. The darker the skin, the longer the time it takes for the spots to disappear. The skin starts to appear shiny and healthy in 2-3 weeks. In most individuals the darken spots can not be seen in 4-6 weeks.
What should I expect after my first treatment?
- Slight to moderate skin discoloration is seen where the skin will turn red and may appear like a sun burn
- an itchy feeling may occur in those with very sensitive skin – which subsides in the about 48 hours
- There is a slight burning and tightening of the skin for the first 24-48 hours which is part of the process
- mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K needs to be applied regularly to correct the irritation and the itchy feeling
The symptoms resolve in most individual after the first 24-48 hours. The skin discoloration and flaking is replaced by normal healthy and younger appearing skin. All the reddish spots fade over the following few days.
Can Cosmelan be combined with other treatments?
no. It is completely forbidden to combine the Cosmelan treatment with other depigmentation treatments, as the results may not be predictable or guaranteed and result in damaging the skin or even scaring.
What skin features can be correct by Cosmelan?
- areas of aged skin
- facial blemished from excessive pigmentation
- dark skin spots
- acne scars
What parts of the body can be treated with Cosmelan?
Cosmelan can be applied to almost any body part including:
- Legs and hands
What are Advantages of Cosmelan?
Cosmelan treatment offers numerous advantages compared to the other available depigmentation products:
- extremely effective in the treatment of melasma
- minimal to no pain involved
- rapid results
- effective on all skin types
- light skin peeling agent with minimal side effects
- can be applied year round
- effective for individuals with acne scars and red skin blemishes
- works well with sensitive skins
What are disadvantages of Cosmelan?
The treatment is temporary and needs to be repeated for optimal results.
What can one expect after treatment with Cosmelan?
In majority of the cases, the blemishes disappear by 95%. Most individuals will see a significant improvement in their skin color, tone and texture after one week of using the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment. In about 3-6 weeks they can observe a brighter, glowing and healthier skin.
Is the skin flaking prolonged?
With time the flaking decreases. In order to decrease skin flaking, one should apply mesoestetic Hydra-vital factor K cream. The Hydra-vital factor K cream should be applied 3-5 a day when flaking is severe.
What happens if I can’t apply Cosmelan everyday?
There is no harm if you miss a treatment or two, however if occurs more frequently it may decrease the efficacy and the benefits of the peel and the blemishes will return.
Is Cosmelan and an all year round therapy?
Yes, Cosmelan can be applied through out the year.
Can the skin blemishes or spots return if I stop using Cosmelan?
Effects of the sun, hormonal changes can result in reappearance of the blemishes.
What follow up is required after Cosmelan Treatment??
Follow up visits are 2-4 weeks after the initiation of the peel, and on a monthly bases for a period of 3-6 months.
Cosmelan - DePigmenation Cost.
Includes 3 Omnilux treatments
Hydra Vital K